Lady Grace is an 11m Corvette Bullet operated by MSDS Marine as an inshore survey and diving platform and general support vessel for larger projects. Lady Grace is MECAL coded for 12 persons to operate 60 miles offshore and has a large wheelhouse and deck with access through the stern for divers and survey equipment. With plenty of storage space, seating and desk space and with an economical cruising speed of 12-14 knots Lady Grace is an ideal platform for most inshore diving and survey projects.
Equipment and Software Hire
MSDS Marine own and maintain a large amount of equipment required to undertake most aspects of maritime archaeological work. Due to the constant evolution of geophysical and hydrographic survey this is usually hired in on a project by project basis to ensure the most up to date equipment is used, MSDS Marine have and maintain excellent working relationships with a number of rental companies to ensure availability, even at short notice.
MSDS Marines equipment pool includes;
- Diving equipment configured to comply with the Diving at Work 97 regulations
- Compressors (petrol and electric)
- Professional grade Nikon DSLR cameras with a variety of lenses and accessories. Our D810 has a Nauticam housing and and Keldan video lights
- Underwater video recording equipment including umbilical cameras with topside viewing and recording and GoPro Hero 5 Blacks with video lights
- Survey and excavation equipment including airlifts, planning frames, scales, drawing boards and tapes
- Handheld Aquascan metal detectors and magnetometers
- Kongsberg Ultra Short Baseline (USBL) acoustic tracking system
- Dual camera HP 3D Structured Light Scanner Pro S3
- Universal over the side pole mount system for MBES and SBP sensors
- Survey grade DGPS and survey grade GPS heading sensor
- Trimble 5700 RTK GPS w/base and rover
- Field laptops and processing computers
- Passive conservation tanks
- General project equipment such as tables, chairs, presentation boards, projectors, computers and printers
- Software including; QPS Fledermaus, Chesapeake SonarWiz, ESRI ArcGIS, 3H Site Recorder and Agisoft Photoscan
All of our equipment is available to hire or can be provided as part of MSDS Marine run projects. Should equipment be required that is not listed above then please contact us as this is an overview of some of the most commonly used or requested items. MSDS Marine can source specialist equipment and undertake fabrication in house where bespoke equipment may be required.