We are delighted to announce that our application to join the Association of Diving Contractors (ADC) has been accepted and we are now a full member. ADC Membership demonstrates the commitment of MSDS Marine to safe and professional standards.
The Association represents diving contractors who are involved with inland or inshore diving operations in the UK and Ireland. The main aim of the ADC is to ‘Promote Safer Commercial Diving’. ADC supports and encourages best practice, Members agree to and abide by certain principles and standards.
The Objectives of the Association are to:
– Promote commercial diving within the context of the activities of its members;
– Establish uniform safe standards and operating practices;
– Encourage industry wide observation of such standards and operating practices;
– Encourage the enactment and enforcement of appropriate laws for the protection and regulation of the business of commercial diving;
– Do any such other things as considered by the membership or management committee of ADC to be in the interest of this industry sector;
Why use an ADC member?
Using ADC members makes things easier & safer, however it is always your responsibility to establish competency of your Contractor and ensure they have demonstrated that they are capable of safely carrying out the designated task.
ADC assists by:
– Conducting annual desk audits on all members.
– Keeping members informed of safety issues.
– Encouraging best practice.
– Retaining records on file.
– Liaising with HSE on behalf of members.
– Able to apply disciplinary when members fail to maintain safety standards.